Happy DIY Friday! This has become one of my favorite days – because simple DIY is just fun! And the best part for me is when my toddler can help. She gets some fine motor, art, and creative play all in one! So today Lucy and I are making fun shamrock wands.
With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, I wanted to have a super simple and cheap craft on hand that we could actually use. With Lucy really into princesses, fairies and her imagination, this seemed like the best fit. I hope your little one (or maybe even you, mama 😉) can have fun with this one.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see full disclosure below.
- Print out your shamrock template and trace your preferred template onto cardstock.
- Take one of your shamrock and glue a straw to it. I prefer hot glue because it sticks better, and it does not show through cardstock.
- Next take your ribbon and cut into strips. I cut 2 of each ribbon per wand, just a tad longer than the length of the straw. You can make as long or short as you prefer.
- Glue the ribbon just as you glued the straw. And layer your second ribbon choice on top.
- Now’s the fun part! Decorate to your liking! As you can see below, Lucy chose all the jewels. Add stickers, use colored pencils, glitter, etc.
Tip: if you want less of a mess and an easier clean up, choose items that are adhesive. The glitter foam and jewels we chose already had sticky backs.
Tag me on IG or leave a comment and let me know how they turned out for you!